Emner: INFO216 Knowledge Graphs - Høst 2021
Studiepoeng, omfang10 ECTS
Mål og innhaldStudents will learn theories, techniques, tools, and best practices for managing semantic data and metadata. Students will acquire understanding and skills for programming applications that use and produce such data. Students will learn about existing sources of and standards for big, open, and semantically marked-up data. They will gain practical experience in developing semantic model-based applications using technologies such as RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL, and JSON-LD.
A student who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
The candidate has theoretical knowledge of basic concepts related to:
- standards and technologies for semantic information systems, for example using RDF and SPARQL
- semantic modelling of interoperable information systems, for example using RDFS and OWL
- available sources of and vocabularies for big, open, and semantically marked-up data
- can develop advanced information models, for example ontologies
- can use formats and languages such as RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL, and JSON-LD
- can use existing frameworks and tools for managing semantic data and metadata
- can use existing frameworks and tools for developing semantic applications
Krav til forkunnskaparINFO135 Advanced Programming
Basic data skills in data management and artificial intelligence
Medium level skills in programming
INFO125 Data Management
INFO180 Methods in Artificial Intelligence
Studiepoengsreduksjon5 ECTS in combination with INFO116
Krav til studierettOpe
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer14 two-hour lectures, 14 two-hour labs or seminars
Compulsory participation: Attendance at labs (at least 75 %)
Approved compulsory requirements are valid for the two following semesters.
- 3 hours written exam (60%)
- 1 group assignment (40%)
Hjelpemiddel til eksamen
Karakterskala Letter grade (A-F)
VurderingssemesterAssessment in teaching semester. Only students who have a valid document of absence will be entitled to take a new written exam the following semester.
LitteraturlisteThe reading list will be ready before 1 June for the autumn semester and 1 Decemeber for the spring semester.
Emneevaluering The course is evaluated by students every three years, and by the responsible lecturer each year.
ProgramansvarlegThe Programme Committee is responsible for the content, structure and quality of the study programme and courses
EmneansvarlegDepartment of Information Science and Media Studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences has the administrative responsibility for the course and the study programme.
Administrativt ansvarlegDepartment of Information Science and Media Studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences has the administrative responsibility for the course and the study programme.