Emner: INFO216 Knowledge Graphs - Vår 2021
Mål og innhaldStudents will learn theories, techniques, tools, and best practices for managing semantic data and metadata. Students will acquire understanding and skills for programming applications that use and produce such data. Students will learn about existing sources of and standards for big, open, and semantically marked-up data. They will gain practical experience in developing semantic model-based applications using technologies such as RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL, and JSON-LD.
A student who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
The candidate has theoretical knowledge of basic concepts related to:
- standards and technologies for semantic information systems, for example using RDF and SPARQL
- semantic modelling of interoperable information systems, for example using RDFS and OWL
- available sources of and vocabularies for big, open, and semantically marked-up data
- can develop advanced information models, for example ontologies
- can use formats and languages such as RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL, and JSON-LD
- can use existing frameworks and tools for managing semantic data and metadata
- can use existing frameworks and tools for developing semantic applications
Krav til forkunnskapar
- Basic data skills in data management and artificial intelligence
- Medium level skills in programming
- INFO125 Data Management
- INFO132 Programming
- INFO135 Advanced Programming
- INFO180 Methods in Artificial Intelligence
Krav til studierettOpen
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer20 two-hour lectures, 14 two-hour labs or seminars
Compulsory participation: Attendance at labs (at least 75 %)
Approved compulsory requirements are valid for the two following semesters.
Update: In the spring semester 2021, the requirement to attend 75% of the seminars will not apply due to the corona situation. However, it is highly recommended that students attend as much as possible.
- 3 hours written exam (60%)
- 1 group assignment (40%)
Karakterskala Letter grade (A-F)
VurderingssemesterAssessment in teaching semester. Only students who have a valid document of absence will be entitled to take a new written exam the following semester.
Emneevaluering The course is evaluated by students every three years, and by the responsible lecturer each year.
InstituttDepartment of Information Science and Media Studies